Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Greatest President of All Time

I'm not usually heavy into politics, but one particular individual caught my eye several months ago and I just haven't been able to get enough of him. I find myself looking forward to his broadcasts and hanging on every word, wishing the world would listen to his wisdom. I find myself quoting him in class and using him as an example of exemplary leadership. I find myself wanting to adopt him. He is: Kid President.

Wise beyond his years and with the help of his family, Kid President strives to make the world more awesome by sharing his thoughts with the world through a YouTube series. His most recent video, "A Letter To a Person on Their First Day Here" has been viewed nearly two million times. I'm not sure if it's because I so strongly believe in the things he has to say, or if he just gives me hope for the future, or if he's just that darn cute-- but for whatever reason, the words of wisdom from this video have stuck with me. So today I'm sharing it with you (yes, all ten of you) along with some of my favorite pieces of wisdom.


Some days gross things will happen. Some days awesome things will happen. Some days you'll get ice cream. Some days you won't. Some days your kite will fly high! Some days it'll get stuck in a tree.
There's plenty of reasons to dance. You just gotta look for them.
Just treat everybody like it's their birthday. Even if they don't deserve it. Because we all mess up sometimes. The biggest mess up? Not forgiving each others mess ups. 
You're made from love to be love to spread love. And love is always loud. Even if hate has a bull horn, love is louder! Let your life be loud.
You're going to be important, and you're going to do a lot, and you're going to smell great. But don't get too busy. Remember to let everybody know you're glad they're here.
You're awake. You're awesome. Live like it.
Now, don't get me wrong, we've had some really great leadership in this great nation. But there is just something special about this kid and I think he may just be the greatest president of all time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Corn dogs rule!"

He's got my vote.