Monday, April 5, 2010

Apparently you are not supposed to use allergy eye drops with your contacts.

One of my dearest friends from undergrad is now teaching Ag in Eastern North Carolina. On Friday she sent me an email:

Apparently you are not supposed to use allergy eye drops with your
contacts.

Do you know what will happen?

It will dilate your eyes.

I did not wear my contacts today or yesterday because my eyes were
bothering me. allergies. So I got some allergy eye drops the Visine
kind.

Today before second period I went to put my contacts back in because my
eyes felt better.

My left contact went it good. My right one wanted to be a turd and it
had something on it when I put it in my eye and so it immediately had to
come out. I did not have my solution....but I did have some eye drops!
Same thing right? WRONG!!!!

Then the bell rang for second period and I was getting somethings ready for class when one of the kids was like "what's up with your eyes?!?" I was like "I don't know, what?" He was like "one of your eyes is bigger than the other." I freaked out but tried to play it off.

So needless to say I look like a freak. And I did some Googling and
found out that this has happened to other people who had the same
reaction as me. Freaking out.


When I finished laughing hysterically, I realized that this was a perfect example of a cardinal rule of teaching: ALWAYS BE PREPARED!

You never know when your contact will fall out, your pants will rip, or you'll have an unfortunate incident while mucking stalls out at the barn. So you have to be prepared: spare set of clothes, coveralls, glasses or more contacts, and the right kind of eye drops, just in case.

1 comment:

Lauren @ Here We Geaux said...

funny story. you make me want to come back and read every day!